Men needs vs Women needs
To understand the differences in the needs of men and women, we have to understand the spiritual and natural identity of men and women. A man is wired as a seed carrier while a woman is wired as a seed incubator or a fruit bearer. For this reason is sex a need for the men and a want for the women.
Man as seed carrier
The four major needs of a man as seed carrier are sex, respect, friendship and support.
- Sex is for a man a need and not a want as it is for a woman. He has the need to discharge himself of his sperm.
- Respect is for the man a need because he has the emotional necessity to feel honored by his wife as seed carrier, leader, protector, and provider. And a wise woman knows how to influence her husband with her respect as it is written in 1 Peter 3:1.
- Friendship is a need for the man because he needs someone to trust so that he can open himself up.
- Support is also one of the major needs of a man because he needs someone to encourage him and to affirm him in his value.
Woman as seed incubator or fruit bearer
The four major needs of a woman as a seed incubator are security, affection, communication and leadership.
- Security is the first major need of a woman because she had the need to be sure that her husband is sensitive enough to her needs and wants and that he is willing to sacrifice himself as Jesus did for the church, as it is written in Ephesians 5:25.
- Affection, especially none sexual affection, is a need for a woman so that she can feel wanted as a person and not only as a lust object.
- Communication, especially an open and honest communication, is also a major need for a woman so that she can become aware of the feelings of her husband and through those feelings the real thoughts of him.
- Leadership is also one of the major needs of a woman because she wants to follow a leader and not submit herself to a boss.
We have seen that there is a big difference between the needs of a man and the needs of a woman. So to live harmoniously with each other those spouses need to submit themselves to each other as it is written in Ephesians 5:21 and the husband have to be willing to represent Jesus while his wife has to be willing to represent the church as it is written in Ephesians 5:22-33.
1 Peter 3:1
Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by respect.
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.
If you want to react on this post, you can leave me a comment, below, in the comment box.