Mindset of a victor or a victim
The mindset of a victor or a victim is a choice based on the condition of our subconscious mind.
A person with a victim mindset likes to blame others or his life circumstances for his condition or he likes to complain about others or about his life circumstances or he likes to justify his or her behaviour.
On the other hand, a Victor is conscious of his responsibility to reign in life. He is conscious of the fact that, in and through Christ Jesus, he is able to respond right to all adversities and so become a victorious ruler in life. He knows that he has to be committed, sacrificial, and consistent to reach his goals.
Reasons to choose to be a victim
Most people choose to be a victim due to their fears. They are afraid to take responsibility for their lives or they are afraid to fail and lose face.
Others choose to be a victim and organise pity parties to get sympathy or attention from others.
When we are victims we are not conscious of the opportunities out there because we are focused on the problems in life. So we won’t take the responsibility to reign in life.
A Victor is conscious of opportunities and responsibility
A Victor is conscious of the fact that he was created to reign in life and that’s why he sees every adversity as an opportunity, in disguise, to grow in knowledge to reign in life.
He knows that with the help of God he can reign in life due to God’s grace, based on God’s gift of righteousness, according to Romans 5:17.
In Romans 5:17 it is written: For if by the one man’s offence death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.
And in Romans 8:37-39 it is written: Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
And in Deuteronomy 28:13 it is also written: And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not beneath if you heed the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them.
Some characteristics of a victim
- A victim believes that the whole world is against him
- A victim is focused on problems and not on solutions
- A victim plays the blame game, complains and justify himself
- A victim gets bitter instead of better
- A victim is never satisfied
- A victim speaks negatively all day long
- A victim is pessimistic and give up quickly
- A victim has a critical and judgemental spirit
- A victim plays on the emotions of others to get from them what he wants
- A victim believes that the evil has the power to make things worse, which he cannot overcome
Some characteristics of a Victor
- A Victor believes that the world needs his influence
- A Victor is focused on solutions and use problems as opportunities in disguise
- A Victor takes personal responsibility for his condition
- A Victor grows in knowledge and gets better, every day
- A Victor is at the end of the day always satisfied
- A Victor speaks blessings, all the time, for the benefit of all
- A Victor is optimistic and persist till he succeeds
- A Victor is very supportive to others
- A Victor is very gracious to others to empower them
- A Victor believes that he has God’s grace, based on God’s gift of righteousness to reign in life, in the name of Jesus.
If you want to reign in life to fulfil your calling then you must be or become a Victor. Only a Victor take his personal responsibility to reign in life seriously and is willing to commit himself to his duty in a sacrificial and persistent spirit because he believes that he got God’s abundant grace to do so.
If you want to react to this article you can do so by dropping a comment in the comment box below this article.