Discover how to overcome adversities
To discover how to overcome adversities, we need to build a right mindset and a right relationship with adversities. We have to learn to see adversities as opportunities in disguise to grow in knowledge, character, and potential to reign in life.
We get a right mindset by studying, meditation and affirmations. We build a right relationship with adversities, by embracing them as opportunities in disguise to grow in glorifying Jesus as God who saves.
In 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 it is written: And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
4 Reasons to embrace adversities
- An adversity is a challenge that fuels you to overcome it.
- An adversity will give you a contrast that makes your victory sweeter.
- An adversity will give you the opportunity to be a role model to others when you overcome it.
- Adversities are opportunities in disguise to grow as a witness to Christ Jesus.
2 Ways to overcome adversities
There are two ways in which we can overcome adversities. We can overcome adversities through try and error and we can overcome them by faith working through love.
To overcome adversities by faith working through love we have to develop a very good relationship with God. We have to co-operate with God in a relationship, based on trust, freedom, and love.
Seven(7) steps to overcome adversities
- The first thing we have to do is, ask God for help in all humility. In James4:6-8 it is written: God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
- Keep your confidence in God. Have faith in God due to His power, love and faithfulness.
- Keep the right perspective. Keep the right vision and mission in mind.
- Have the right mindset. Your thoughts have to be seeds of God’s blessings.
- Embrace adversities as opportunities in disguise to glorify Jesus as God who saves. Look above in paragraph 1 to 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.
- Take action according to Revelation 12:11 where it is written: And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
- Don’t take a no for an answer but keep walking in the finished work of Jesus. Sow your seed, water it with thanks giving and worship, call forth your harvest and reap your harvest. In 2Timothy 2:12 it is written: If we endure, we shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us.
Adversities are opportunities in disguise to glorify Jesus as God who saves and if we embrace them as such then we can count it all joy when we encounter them.
In James 1:2-4 it is written: My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
And in Romans 5:3-5 it is written: We also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance and perseverance character and character hope.
Now hope does not disappoint because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
If you want to react to this article you can drop a comment below in the comment box.